WIND MITIGATION INSPECTIONS
If you reside in Clearwater, Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor, Dunedin, St. Petersburg, Tampa, New Port Richey or anywhere within Pinellas, Pasco or Hillsborough County you should consider having a Wind Mitigation Inspection performed.
We hope you will select us as "your " Wind Mitigation Inspector.
What Will We be Doing during the Inspection Without being too technical, our Inspectors here at ON THE GULF HOME INSPECTION SERVICES will be surveying the following components of your home:
- Roof Covering (asphalt shingles, tiles etc)
- Roof Deck composition (plywood or OSB beneath the covering)
- Roof Deck attachment to the rafters (Staples, 6d or 8d nails)
- Roof to Wall attachment (how the rafters are attached to the exterior walls i.e. toe nailed, hurricane clips or straps)
- Roof Geometry - Hip, Gable or Flat which are the most common styles. (Only hip shaped roofs qualify for an insurance discount)
- Secondary Water Resistance (a layer of protection between the shingles and plywood commonly referred to as peel n stick)
- Opening Protection - Hurricane Impact and Wind resistant rated windows, shutters and garage doors. Please note 100% of all exterior openings must be protected to qualify for this particular insurance discount. The following is a video on a particular fabric we recommend for all Exterior Opening Protection
- Building Code Compliance
This is the date the house was built. All dwellings constructed after March 1, 2002 are considered to have been built in compliance with the 2001 Florida Building Code . Certain Wind Mitigation discounts will be automatically applied by the insurance carrier providing verification of the Building permit.
- HOW CAN I TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE DISCOUNTS?
Homeowners residing in Clearwater, Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor, St. Petersburg or the surrounding counties of Pinellas, Pasco and Hillsborough will need to hire a "qualified" Home Inspector who is Licensed in accordance with Section 468.8314 of The Florida Statutes. ON THE GULF HOME INSPECTION SERVICES is Licensed and Qualified" to conduct Wind Mitigation Inspections in accordance with the Statutes and Licensing Laws of the State of Florida. Since your Insurance Company will not request this type of Inspection, you or your Insurance Agent will need to contact usto perform the Inspection on your behalf.Having a Wind Mitigation Inspection performed is The Best Investment A Homeowner Could Make!" The best part being, you only need to have a Wind Mitigation Inspection performed once every 5 years as the policy discounts renew with your policy each year up to 5 years. Simply put, if you saved $800.00 the first year your total savings would be $4,000.00 0ver 5 years based on only one Wind Mitigation Inspection
- Wind Mitigation Savings Calculator, provided by Florida Disaster.org
This is for informational purposes and only your Insurance Agent can provide you with the actual amount of discounts you may be entitled to. http://www.floridadisaster.org/wisc/ Our Home Inspectors at ON THE GULF HOME INSPECTION SERVICES are available 7 days a week to perform this inspection for you. We service the Clearwater, Safety Harbor, St Pete and the surrounding Tampa Bay area to accommodate your schedule and all of your inspection needs. Contact us at 727-421-7650 or by Email for any questions you may have regarding a Wind Mitigation Inspection.