Lutz Home Inspector
Our Home Inspectors at On The Gulf Home Inspection Services are available 7 days a week servicing Lutz, Trinity, New Port Richey, Largo, Clearwater, Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor, St Petersburg and the surrounding Tampa Bay area to accommodate your schedule and all of your inspection needs.
Contact us at (727) 421-7650 or by email for any questions you may have regarding either a Home Inspection, Wind Mitigation Inspection, Pre-Sale Listing Inspection, Four Point Insurance Inspection, Roof Certification Inspection or a Home Maintenance Inspection.
Click on the nose of "Snoopy" (below) our Office Manager for any questions you may have regarding our Services of for a Quote.
A Look at the Past and Present of Lutz
"Welcome to Lutz,, established in 1913", reads the sign along the congested highway. What does this sign welcome you to now? Crowded streets, strangers moving in to old neighborhoods, new housing developments and the vanishing of Lutz,'s history and character are becoming more noticeable to a lifelong resident. I take out my family's old photographs and find it hard to recognize the town of the past.
The name Lutz, first appeared on a Florida map in 1909 as the name of a train station. This town was originally called North Tampa. When a post office was erected in 1913, the town was changed to "Lutz,". Now this post office sits in a shopping center that overwhelms its history. No one understands the fight the residents had in getting a post office to their town. Petitions were directed to the government numerous times in order to get their own post office. All the residents care about now is the wait in line to mail their packages.
By 1911, there were thirty buildings in Lutz, including a school, a train depot and a hotel. Residents of Lutz, say that if you wanted the local gossip, you went to the Dixie Service Station built in the 1920s. Anyone wanting to know what was happening in Lutz,needed only to come to the station, grab a soda from the box, pull up a drink crate, sit down, and keep his ears open. Now residents don't care about their neighbors and they get their gossip from the Internet.
Originally, horses and buggies traveled the dirt roads of Lutz, before the arrival of automobiles. My great grandmother was the first person in Lutz,to drive a Model-T on the rutted roads. With the growing population however, came asphalt roads. In the early 90s, the widening of roads became needed. Old Highway 41 was changed from a two-lane highway to a monstrous six-lane highway. The major consequence of this growth was the demolishing of numerous historic homes, including the first home built in Lutz, where my great uncle was born. I saw the broken bricks on the ground as a symbol of lost heritage as he also passed away that year.
I see our fruit stand named "Vosburgh Fruit Stand" in black and white photographs. This original fruit stand supplied my great aunt and the extended family with necessary income. Aunt Emma loved her orange groves and her business. She loved exotic animals and raised monkeys, chickens, guineas, geese, turkeys, cats, dogs, hogs, cows and peacocks. People not only came to her fruit stand to buy produce, but to look at her zoo. The only item left from her treasured inventory is the peacocks. A few descendents can still be seen roaming our property.
Spacious, vacant land is becoming a rarity. Now Lutz,s landscape is littered with drab office buildings. As I take care of my prosperous orange grove, I wonder what will become of it in the future. The oranges passed on to me are a labor that I have little time for. My grandfather and my father had time to earn ten cents a box for picking oranges. Will more orange groves be uprooted and destroyed along with the town's history and heritage?
A town that was defined as a place to raise your family in the early 1900's has been stripped of its original character. There is no more time to enjoy your family, your neighbors, or the scenery. Front porches are not used as often as in the past. As a child in Lutz, I would see people sitting on their rocking chairs watching the scenery, watching their neighbors and sipping orange juice from their own trees. "Welcome to Lutz, established in 1913" reads the sign. This sign is still there. The meaning however has disappeared.
DINING OUT IN AND AROUND LUTZ
Amici Pizza and Deli
Bay Pizza and Dinners
Beef O Bradys
Boscos Italian To Go
Capri Pizza and Pasta
Carrabbas Italian Grill
China Fuji Restaurant
Dominos Pizza Delivery
Dominos Pizza Delivery
El Charro Restaurants
Energized N Fit LLC
Golden Inn Chinese Restaurant
Hot Rods Country Bbq
House Of China
Hungry Howie's Pizza
Lincspeed European Japanese
Luna Saloon Inc
Mari Posa Mexican Grille
Nancys Good N Fast
New York Times Square Pizza
Ribshack Suncoast LLP
Splash an Ocean Grill
Hospitals/Medical Centers near Lutz
- UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (Acute Care Hospitals, Voluntary non-profit - Private, provides emergency services, about 5 miles away; TAMPA, FL)
- TAMPA VA MEDICAL CENTER (Acute Care - Veterans Administration, Government Federal, about 7 miles away; TAMPA, FL)
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL ZEPHYRHILLS (Acute Care Hospitals, Voluntary non-profit - Church, provides emergency services, about 8 miles away; ZEPHYRHILLS, FL)
Amtrak stations near Lutz
- 13 miles: TAMPA (601 NEBRASKA AVE.) . Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 17 miles: TARPON SPRINGS (2337 U.S. 19) - Bus Station
- 18 miles: NEW PORT RICHIE (NEW PORT RICHEY, 5015 U.S. 19) - Bus Station
Colleges/Universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lutz
- University of South Florida-Main Campus (about 7 miles; Tampa, FL; Full-time enrollment: 27,329)
- Everest University-Brandon (about 13 miles; Tampa, FL; FT enrollment: 2,266)
- The University of Tampa (about 14 miles; Tampa, FL; FT enrollment: 5,429)
- Hillsborough Community College (about 15 miles; Tampa, FL; FT enrollment: 11,277)
- Pasco-Hernando Community College (about 15 miles;Ne w Port Richey, FL; FT enrollment: 4,159)
- Saint Leo University (about 19 miles; Saint Leo, FL; FT enrollment: 8,783)
- St Petersburg College (about 23 miles; Clearwater, FL; FT enrollment: 9,555)
Private High School in Lutz
- CENTER ACADEMY (Students: 65; Location: 1520 LAND O LAKES BLVD STE D; Grades: 4 - 12)
Private Elementary/Middle Schools in Lutz
- HAND IN HAND ACADEMY (Students: 230; Location: 207 W LUTZ LAKE FERN RD; Grades: PK - 5)
- KIDS' STUFF PRESCHOOL & DAY CARE (Students: 118; Location: 21360 LAKE FLOYD DR; Grades: PK - KG)
- LIBERTAS ACADEMY (Students: 26; Location: 17538 LIVINGTON AVE; Grades: KG - 8)
- COUNTRYSIDE MONTESSORI ACADEMY (Students: 15; Location: 16720 TOBACCO RD; Grades: PK - KG)
- SunTrust Bank: Lutz, Apex Branch, Van Dyke Branch, Land O'lakes Branch. Info updated 2010/05/27: Bank assets: $171,291.7 mil, Deposits: $129,833.2 mil, headquarters in Atlanta, GA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1716 total offices, Holding Company: Suntrust Banks, Inc.
- Bank of America, National Association: Willow Bend Branch at 22850 State Road 54, branch established on 1991/02/11; Van Dyke Commons Branch at 17455 Dale Mabry Hwy N, branch established on 1999/07/16. Info updated 2009/11/18: Bank assets: $1,451,969.3 mil, Deposits: $1,077,176.8 mil, headquarters in Charlotte, NC, positive income, 5782 total offices, Holding Company: Bank Of America Corporation
- Heritage Bank of Florida: Heritage Bank Of Florida at 23000 State Road 54, branch established on 1999/08/03. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $237.9 mil, Deposits: $218.7 mil, local headquarters, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 3 total offices
- Regions Bank: Van Dyke Branch at 17751 Dale Mabry Hwy N, branch established on 2007/03/05. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $123,368.2 mil, Deposits: $98,301.3 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1778 total offices, Holding Company: Regions Financial Corporation
- Fifth Third Bank: County Line Branch at 1122 N. Dale Mabry Highway, branch established on 2007/11/26. Info updated 2009/10/05: Bank assets: $114,540.4 mil, Deposits: $89,689.1 mil, headquarters in Cincinnati, OH, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1378 total offices, Holding Company: Fifth Third Bancorp
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association: Van Dyke And Dale Mabry Branch at 3995 Van Dyke Rd, branch established on 2010/12/07. Info updated 2011/11/10: Bank assets: $1,811,678.0 mil, Deposits: $1,190,738.0 mil, headquarters in Columbus, OH, positive income, International Specialization, 5577 total offices, Holding Company: Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
- Bay Cities Bank: Lutz, Branch at 18315 U.S. Highway 41 North, branch established on 2003/04/02. Info updated 2010/10/25: Bank assets: $607.6 mil, Deposits: $513.6 mil, headquarters in Tampa, FL, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 6 total offices, Holding Company: Florida Business Bancgroup, Inc.
- First Bank: Lutz, Branch at 21708 State Road 54, branch established on 2006/06/05. Info updated 2007/12/04: Bank assets: $6,579.8 mil, Deposits: $5,800.6 mil, headquarters in Creve Coeur, MO, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 148 total offices, Holding Company: First Banks, Inc.
WGUL (860 AM; 5 kW Dunedin FL; Owner: WGUL-FM, INC.)
- WFLA (970 AM; 25 kW; TAMPA, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WMGG (820 AM; 50 kW; LARGO, FL; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ST. PETERSBURG LICENSEE)
- WHNZ (1250 AM; 25 kW; TAMPA, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WLVU (1470 AM; 5 kW; DUNEDIN, FL; Owner: GENESIS COMMUNICATIONS OF TAMPA BAY, INC.)
- WTIS (1110 AM; daytime; 10 kW; TAMPA, FL; Owner: WTIS-AM, INC.)
- WQYK (1010 AM; 50 kW; SEFFNER, FL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF TAMPA)
- WDAE (620 AM; 5 kW; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTMP (1150 AM; 10 kW; EGYPT LAKE, FL; Owner: TAMPABROADCASTING, LTD.)
- WWMI (1380 AM; 5 kW; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WTBN (570 AM; 5 kW; PINELLAS PARK, FL; Owner: COMMON GROUND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WWBA (1040 AM; 4 kW; PINELLAS PARK, FL; Owner: GENESIS COMMUNICATIONS OF TAMPA BAY, INC.)
- WFLF (540 AM; 50 kW; PINE HILLS, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
WBBY (107.3 FM St Petersburg, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WXTB (97.9 FM; CLEARWATER, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WRBQ-FM (104.7 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WDUV (105.5 FM; NEW PORT RICHEY, FL; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WSSR (95.7 FM; CLEARWATER, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSUN-FM (97.1 FM; HOLIDAY, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC)
- WPOI (101.5 FM; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WWRM (94.9 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WFLZ-FM (93.3 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WMTX (100.7 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WQYK-FM (99.5 FM; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF FLORIDA)
- WTBT (103.5 FM; BRADENTON, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WYUU (92.5 FM; SAFETY HARBOR, FL; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WUSF (89.7 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF S. FLORIDA)
- WBVM (90.5 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: BISHOP OF THE DIOCESE/ST. PETERSBURG)
- WYFE (88.9 FM; TARPON SPRINGS, FL; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WSJT (94.1 FM; LAKELAND, FL; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WLLD (98.7 FM; HOLMES BEACH, FL; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WHPT (102.5 FM; SARASOTA, FL; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WLPJ (91.5 FM; NEW PORT RICHEY, FL; Owner: RADIO TRAINING NETWORK)
- W36CO (Channel 36; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W48AY (Channel 48; OLDSMAR, FL; Owner: AMKA BROADCAST NETWORK, INC.)
- WTSP (Channel 10; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: PACIFIC AND SOUTHERN COMPANY, INC.)
- W33CC (Channel 33; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- WEDU (Channel 3; TAMPA, FL; Owner: FLORIDA WEST COAST PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WARP-CA (Channel 20; TAMPA-ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: SUNSHINE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WXAX-LP (Channel 26; CLEARWATER, FL; Owner: TIGER EYE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WFLA-TV (Channel 8; TAMPA, FL; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WFTS-TV (Channel 28; TAMPA, FL; Owner: TAMPA BAY TELEVISION, INC.)
- WTOG (Channel 44; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: VIACOM INTERNATIONAL INC.)
- WXPX (Channel 66; BRADENTON, FL; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATION LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WUSF-TV (Channel 16; TAMPA, FL; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA)
- WRMD-LP (Channel 57; TAMPA, FL; Owner: ZGS TELEVISION OF TAMPA, INC.)
- W61AI (Channel 61; ROCK HARBOR, FL; Owner: MAKO COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WTTA (Channel 38; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: BAY TELEVISION, INC.)
- WFTT (Channel 50; TAMPA, FL; Owner: TELEFUTURA TAMPA LLC)
- WTVT (Channel 13; TAMPA, FL; Owner: TVT LICENSE, INC.)
- WCLF (Channel 22; CLEARWATER, FL; Owner: CHRISTIAN TELEVISION CORPORATION, INC.)
- WTAM-LP (Channel 6; TAMPA, FL; Owner: U.S. INTERACTIVE, L.L.C.)
- WVEA-LP (Channel 61; TAMPA, FL; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WMOR-LP (Channel 63; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: WMOR-TV COMPANY)
- WMOR-TV (Channel 32; LAKELAND, FL; Owner: WMOR-TV COMPANY)
- WSPF-CA (Channel 35; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: CITY OF ST. PETERSBURG)
- W56EB (Channel 56; TAMPA, FL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WSVT-LP (Channel 18; BRADENTON, FL; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)