Indian Shores Home Inspector
Our Home Inspectors at On The Gulf Home Inspection Services are available 7 days a week servicing Indian Rocks Beach, Indian Shores,Largo, Clearwater, Pinellas Park, Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor, Dunedin, Oldsmar, Tarpon Springs, St Petersburg and the surrounding Tampa Bay area to accommodate your schedule and all of your inspection needs.
Contact us at (727) 421-7650 or by email for any questions you may have regarding either a Home Inspection, Pre-Sale Listing Inspection, Four Point Insurance Inspection, Roof Certification Inspection or a Home Maintenance Inspection.
Click on the nose of "Snoopy" (below) our Office Manager for any questions you may have regarding our Services of for a Quote.
About Indian Shores
Indian Shores is a town in Pinellas County, Florida. The town of Indian Shores is a beach-front community situated on a barrier island west of Seminole, Florida. The population of Indian Shores was 1,705 at the 2000 census. Indian Shores has recently undergone multiple construction and renovation projects, including utility undergrounding, road re-surfacing, and the placement of pedestrian safety measures. The town of Indian Shores is also in the process of constructing a new municipal center to replace the decades old, antiquated facility.
Indian Shores is a quieter, less crowded alternative to its larger and better-known neighbors such as Clearwater Beach and St. Pete Beach. It's a great place for vacationers seeking a quiet or family vacation.
Originally called "Indian Rocks Beach, South Shore" as a way to distinguish itself from Indian Rocks Beach, the Town of Indian Shores was incorporated in 1949 and changed its name in 1973. Despite its small population (1,400) and limited extent (19 city blocks long and 1 city block wide), Indian Shores provides plenty of entertainment for its visitors.
The largest non-profit wild bird hospital in the United States, the SunCoast Seabird Sanctuary, is located in Indian Shores. The sanctuary houses and treats injured pelicans, herons, egrets, owls, hawks and other birds. Many other activities such as adventure golf and boat rentals are within an easy drive.
Indian Shores is also home to some fantastic restaurants. No trip to the area would be complete without a visit to the famous Salt Rock Grill. Weather permitting, sit outside on the waterfront deck and enjoy the view.
Other restaurants and bars in Indian Shores include The Hungry Fisherman, Chateau Madrid and The Pub Waterfront Grill. If you want to experience what a Key West style bar was like in the days of Ernest Hemingway, visit Mahuffer's (a.k.a Sloppy John's) on Gulf Blvd, just north of the Park Blvd bridge. Self-described as the "wurst" place on the beach, with lousy food and warm beer, Mahuffer's has received numerous accolades from HGTV, the Travel Channel, Travelocity, and has been named Best of Tampa Bay two years in a row. Worth a visit, even if you decide you don't like it.
Families and couples seeking a relaxing place to enjoy the beach and good food should consider Indian Shores as their next vacation spot.
Indian Shore's Preferred and Favorite Realtor meet Deb Devlin
Where relaxation comes naturally!
Quaint Cottages on wide Gulf of Mexico Beach
Get pampered at this magnificent beachfront micro-resort composed of four private, Key West Style Cottages. Full kitchens, Cable/VCR, etc. A nature lover´s paradise on this deep, white sandy Indian Rocks Beach. This year, once again they were certified as a "Superior Small Lodging".
Vacation rentals to suit all budgets - very large selection of condos
In Indian Rocks Beach, we offer gorgeous condos at Reef Club, Casablanca, Sunset Paradise, West Coast Vista and more. Of course, we also offer vacation rentals at other great resorts along the entire Gulf Coast. The good life starts here at FloridaLifestyle Vacation Rentals!
Directly on the Gulf of Mexico
Great Heron Inn of Indian Rocks Beach is a family-run motel with 16 motel suites, offering pool-side and Gulf-front units. Heated pool. Featuring full 1 bedroom apartment suites and a spacious 3 bedroom condo apartment. Monthly rates available.
A Key West style resort !
Newly remodeled rooms and suites. Private 50-slip waterfront marina. Two heated swimming pools, whirlpool spa and a full service pool bar. Jimmy Guana´s Key West style restaurant offers island fare, entertainment and much more. Come once to the Harbourside in Indian Rocks Beach , and you will return many times.
Seasonal Rental Properties on Florida's Gulf Coast
Jack Collins Rentals, with more than 30 years experience and the largest selection inthe area, is your best vacation rental choice on Florida's Gulf Coast. We offer seasonal vacation rentals in Belleair Beach, Indian Shores, Indian Rocks Beach, Redington Shoresand Madeira Beach, with properties such as the Reef Club, Reflections on the Gulf, and Hamilton House. Visit our website to start planning your Florida vacation today.
Located Directly on the Gulf of Mexico - Surf Fishing On Site
Nautical Watch, a beachfront resort in beautiful Belleair Beach, features private Gulf-front sunbathing, heated pool, hot tub, surf fishing, night fishing, snorkeling and nearby marinas. The finest restaurants and shopping are only minutes away. Dinner cruises, Museums, Tennis Courts, Golf Courses, Jai-Alai, Greyhound/Dog Racing, and Major League Baseball Spring Training are all within a short drive of the Nautical Watch Beach Resort. So come and enjoy it all, or... do absolutely nothing at all!
108 21st Avenue
Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785
Phone: (727) 595-9741
Smoke Free - Petless - Affordable
Pelican East is a "vintage Florida" vacation destination, a small family owned and operated motel in Indian Rocks Beach with just 5 units. Our 1950's studio apartments are totally modernized, with complete kitchens, including microwaves. All our units are air conditioned, heated and have cable TV. Our moderately priced units are just a one minute walk from the beach. Our guests enjoy the quiet side of the street, just off Gulf Boulevard, in Indian Rocks Beach yet are so close to the beach and the water.
Where relaxation comes naturally!
A premier enclave of private luxury beachfront homes, cottages and suites recapturing the "Spirit of Old Florida" in the quaint coastal village of Indian Rocks Beach. Island charm and sophisticated interiors combine with exotic gardens, heated pool, sea kayaks, umbrellas, beach cabanas, and bicycles. Family owned and operated for over 20 years.
All rooms are smoke-free, pets welcome in some rooms
We offer efficiencies, 1 and 2-bedroom apartments in Indian Rocks Beach . Bicycles are available for guests at no charge, as is the hot tub. Each unit is clean, bright and completely furnished including bed and bath linens, fully equipped kitchens, air conditioning, heat and color cable television. In the courtyard there are picnic tables, gas barbecue grills and shuffleboard. All rooms are personally cleaned and maintained by the owners, and we have a beach wheelchair for use by our guests.
Suncoast Vacation Condos
We have many properties along
the Gulf Beaches...
Phone: (727) 786-2287
Fax: (727) 789-5482
Many properties along the Gulf Beaches
Suncoast Vacation Condos has several properties close to Indian Rocks Beach, such as Sutherland Crossing Resort in Crystal Beach. Located on St. Joseph Sound and with private tennis courts, Sutherland is a deal at $850 per week for a 3-bedroom unit.
There are many things to do in and around "Indian Shores". You may be interested in several of these attractions
BEACH ART CENTER
1515 Bay Palm Boulevard
Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785
727-596-4331 Fax: 727-596-4331
SUNCOAST SEABIRD SANCTUARY
18328 Gulf Blvd.
Indian Shores, FL
DINING OUT IN AND AROUND INDIAN SHORES
Al and Stella
Indian Shores Transportation
Indian Shores Higher Education
Local colleges and universities include Hillsborough Community College, the University of Tampa, Pasco Hernando Community College, the University of South Florida, Manatee Community College and Saint Leo University.
Hospitals/medical centers near Indian Shores:
- LARGO MEDICAL CENTER (Acute Care Hospitals, Proprietary, provides emergency services, about 4 miles away; LARGO, FL)
- MORTON PLANT HOSPITAL (Acute Care Hospitals, Voluntary non-profit - Private, provides emergency services, about 5 miles away;CLEARWATER, FL)
- BAY PINES VA MEDICAL CENTER (Acute Care - Veterans Administration, Government Federal, about 7 miles away; BAY PINES, FL)
Amtrak stations near Indian Shores:
- 10 miles: CLEARWATER (20967 U.S. 19) - Bus Station
- 11 miles: PINELLAS PARK (PARK BLVD. AT U.S. 19) - Bus Station
.Services: ticket office, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, free short-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 18 miles: TARPON SPRINGS (2337 U.S. 19) - Bus Station
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Indian Shores:
- St Petersburg College (about 9 miles; Clearwater, FL; Full-time enrollment: 9,555)
- Eckerd College (about 16 miles; Saint Petersburg, FL; FT enrollment:2,132)
- University of South Florida-St. Petersburg Campus (about 17 miles; St. Petersburg, FL; FT enrollment: 2,227)
- The University of Tampa (about 24 miles; Tampa, FL; FT enrollment:5,429)
- Hillsborough Community College (about 25 miles; Tampa, FL; FT enrollment: 11,277)
- University of South Florida-Main Campus (about 29 miles; Tampa, FL; FT enrollment: 27,329)
- Pasco-Hernando Community College (about 30 miles; New Port Richey, FL;FT enrollment: 4,159)
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Indian Shores, Florida:
- Great Heron Inn, 68 Gulf Blvd, Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785 , Phone: (727) 595-2589, Fax: (727) 517-2705
- Sea Star Motel, 1805 N Gulf Blvd, Indian Rocks Beach, FL 34635
- Whispering Waters Motel, 604 N Gulf Blvd, Indian Rocks Beach, FL 34635
- Sandy Shore Motel & Apartments, 816 N Gulf Blvd, Indian Rocks Beach, FL 34635
- Sea Resort Motel, 102 Gulf Blvd, Indian Rocks Beach, FL 34635
- Fifty Gulfside Condominium, 50 Gulf Blvd, Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785
- Paradise Palms Motel, 19340 Gulf Blvd, Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785 ,Phone: (800) 430-6835
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Harbourside, 401 Second St, Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785 , Phone: (727) 595-9484, Fax: (727) 596-4825
Strongest AM radio stations in Indian Shores:
- WMGG (820 AM; 50 kW; LARGO, FL; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ST. PETERSBURG LICENSEE)
- WWBA (1040 AM; 4 kW; PINELLAS PARK, FL; Owner: GENESIS COMMUNICATIONS OF TAMPA BAY, INC.)
- WFLA (970 AM; 25 kW; TAMPA, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WHNZ (1250 AM; 25 kW; TAMPA, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WTIS (1110 AM; daytime; 10 kW; TAMPA, FL; Owner: WTIS-AM, INC.)
- WGUL (860 AM; 5 kW; DUNEDIN, FL; Owner: WGUL-FM, INC.)
- WQYK (1010 AM; 50 kW; SEFFNER, FL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF TAMPA)
- WDAE (620 AM; 5 kW; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTAN (1340 AM; 1 kW; CLEARWATER, FL; Owner: WAGENVOORD ADVERTISTING GROUP, INC.)
- WLVU (1470 AM; 5 kW; DUNEDIN, FL; Owner: GENESIS COMMUNICATIONS OF TAMPA BAY, INC.)
- WXYB (1520 AM; daytime; 1 kW; INDIAN ROCKS BEACH, FL; Owner: ASA BROADCASTING, INC)
- WWMI (1380 AM; 5 kW; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WTMP (1150 AM; 10 kW; EGYPT LAKE, FL; Owner: TAMPABROADCASTING, LTD.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Indian Shores:
- WYUU (92.5 FM; SAFETY HARBOR, FL; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WXTB (97.9 FM; CLEARWATER, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WBBY (107.3 FM; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WRBQ-FM (104.7 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WSSR (95.7 FM; CLEARWATER, FL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WDUV (105.5 FM; NEW PORT RICHEY, FL; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WSUN-FM (97.1 FM; HOLIDAY, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC)
- WPOI (101.5 FM; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WWRM (94.9 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WLLD (98.7 FM; HOLMES BEACH, FL; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WFLZ-FM (93.3 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WMTX (100.7 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WQYK-FM (99.5 FM; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF FLORIDA)
- WTBT (103.5 FM; BRADENTON, FL; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WHPT (102.5 FM; SARASOTA, FL; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WUSF (89.7 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF S. FLORIDA)
- WSJT (94.1 FM; LAKELAND, FL; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WBVM (90.5 FM; TAMPA, FL; Owner: BISHOP OF THE DIOCESE/ST. PETERSBURG)
- WFTI-FM (91.7 FM; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WYFE (88.9 FM; TARPON SPRINGS, FL; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Indian Shores:
- W33CC (Channel 33; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- WMOR-LP (Channel 63; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: WMOR-TV COMPANY)
- WTSP (Channel 10; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: PACIFIC AND SOUTHERN COMPANY, INC.)
- W36CO (Channel 36; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: TRINITYBROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W61AI (Channel 61; ROCK HARBOR, FL; Owner: MAKO COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WEDU (Channel 3; TAMPA, FL; Owner: FLORIDA WEST COAST PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WARP-CA (Channel 20; TAMPA-ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: SUNSHINE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WXAX-LP (Channel 26; CLEARWATER, FL; Owner: TIGER EYE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WTOG (Channel 44; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: VIACOM INTERNATIONAL INC.)
- WFLA-TV (Channel 8; TAMPA, FL; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WFTS-TV (Channel 28; TAMPA, FL; Owner: TAMPA BAY TELEVISION, INC.)
- WXPX (Channel 66; BRADENTON, FL; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATION LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WUSF-TV (Channel 16; TAMPA, FL; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA)
- WTTA (Channel 38; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: BAY TELEVISION, INC.)
- WFTT (Channel 50; TAMPA, FL; Owner: TELEFUTURA TAMPA LLC)
- W48AY (Channel 48; OLDSMAR, FL; Owner: AMKA BROADCAST NETWORK, INC.)
- WTVT (Channel 13; TAMPA, FL; Owner: TVT LICENSE, INC.)
- WCLF (Channel 22; CLEARWATER, FL; Owner: CHRISTIAN TELEVISION CORPORATION, INC.)
- WTAM-LP (Channel 6; TAMPA, FL; Owner: U.S. INTERACTIVE, L.L.C.)
- WPDS-LP (Channel 14; LARGO, ETC., FL; Owner: PINELLAS COUNTY SCHOOLS)
- WRMD-LP (Channel 57; TAMPA, FL; Owner: ZGS TELEVISION OF TAMPA, INC.)
- WSPF-CA (Channel 35; ST. PETERSBURG, FL; Owner: CITY OF ST. PETERSBURG)
- WSVT-LP (Channel 18; BRADENTON, FL; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WVEA-LP (Channel 61; TAMPA, FL; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WWSB (Channel 40; SARASOTA, FL; Owner: SOUTHERN BROADCAST CORPORATION OF SARASOTA)